COVID19 SAFETY PROCEDURES
The COVID-19 pandemic represents an unprecedented challenge. Fifth Avenue Physiotherapy is committed to the safety of our community and staff and has implemented a detailed plan complying with the Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH) Orders and Physiotherapy Alberta.
Operational capacity is currently limited to allow for safe physical distancing (2 meters)and is therefore significantly reduced. Where clinically appropriate, the provision of care through virtual means is still encouraged. If services can be performed virtually, they should be. All our therapists will continue to offer virtual appointments for those patients who remain good candidates for virtual care.
In-person physiotherapy priority will be given to:
- Patients who screen negative to all current COVID screening questions and do not have any symptoms of illness.
- Patients who do not have access to technology or who will not benefit from virtual care.
- Patients who have not received at least one in-person appointment prior to participation in a virtual treatment plan.
Staff must use the Health Care worker self-screening tool before attending work and will not come to work if they do not pass the screening questions.
- Patients must attend their appointment alone unless they are a minor or require an escort due to a disability.
- Patients or people attending with patients must complete a patient screening tool prior to every appointment.
- Patients and people who may attend with patients are screened by telephone before an appointment is booked will not be given an appointment if they have COVID-19 symptoms.
- People identified as symptomatic will be instructed to call Alberta Health Links. Patients will be screened at the entrance to the Fifth Ave Physio Clinic upon arrival and will be instructed to use hand sanitizer.
CONSIDERATIONS WHEN ATTENDING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Please attend your appointment on time. In order for us to maintain physical distancing and allow time for the sanitization of surfaces, it is very important for us to remain on schedule. Patients who arrive early are asked to wait outside of the clinic to minimize waiting room use.
- Please wear a mask. During a therapy session, there may be periods of close contact. Patients will be required to wear a well-fitting mask when attending their appointment. Cotton is acceptable. We have reusable masks for purchase if any patient requires one. All proceeds from masks will be donated to AHS.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
- We have reconfigured our clinic to create larger treatment rooms and minimize cross-contamination of equipment.
- When you arrive for your appointment you will be taken immediately to your treatment suite where you will remain for your entire treatment session.
- Our gym will remain temporarily closed. All equipment you need will be brought to you in your treatment space and sanitized after use.
- All staff with the exception of administrators will wear procedure masks. Masks are to be changed if wet or soiled and used for a maximum of one shift.
- Hand hygiene is to be performed upon entrance to the facility and before/after contact with the patient or patient environment.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use in multiple areas of the clinic.
- All work/service areas will be sanitized with Shared Health facility approved cleaner between patients and wet contact times will be observed (3 minutes).
- All equipment used by/for the patient will be sanitized as above.
- All linens will be laundered between uses according to standard procedures.
- Cashless or no-contact method of payment is preferred whenever possible. We are happy to provide Interac Tap options as well as e-transfer.
- Digital copies of home exercise programs, receipts, and reports will be provided wherever possible to minimize the exchange of paper.
- Physical distancing guidelines will be in place to ensure 2m spacing between people at our reception desk and throughout our clinic.